Mudras are hand locks that allow one to focus on the different elements within the body and rearrange their flow in order to achieve a specific purpose. Linga is the Sanskrit term for phallus. The Linga Mudra is so called because it increases body heat by focusing on the element of fire inside the body. Weakness of chest and associated diseases are cured by the practice of this mudra over an extended period of time. Keeping the hands folded in this posture generates an energy current, which warms up the body. People are often seen putting their hands in this position in winter. Chronic patients of cough and cold can benefit a lot from its regular practice for thirty to fifty minutes a day. Regular practice of this mudra is an excellent antidote against diseases caused by cough or other chest ailments.
- The Linga Mudra can be performed while standing up or seated.
- Bring both hands in front of your body and clasp them so that the fingers are intertwined/ interlocked.
- Ensure that the left thumb is pointing vertically upwards and encircle it with the thumb and index finger of the right hand.
- Hold this posture for 15 minutes while inhaling and exhaling normally.
- It generates heat in our body. Take milk, ghee, more water and fruit juices in addition to practice of this mudra for much benefits.
- Time duration: Practice it any time you want and hold this posture for 15 minutes. But don’t practice it a lot as it produces heat in the body. It can cause sweating even in winter if you practice it longer.
- It also helps to boost the immune system and makes the body more resistant to colds and similar infections.
- It cures severe cold and bronchial infection. Shivering and chills due to intolerance of cold weather; hypothermia.
- It stops production of phlegm and gives power to lungs. Ailments caused by an overproduction/ accumulation of phlegm (mucous) in the body; such ailments include colds, sinusitis, productive (wet) cough, sticky stools, etc.
- Helps in retaining the position of navel.
- Asthma and other respiratory ailments that occur at the change of weather.
- Ladies can mentally prepare herself, from resisting sexual intercourse.
- Cures sexual debility in males.
- It invigorates the body.
Related Articles :