Makara' means 'Crocodile'. While doing this Asana body resembles the shape of 'crocodile', hence it is known as Makarasana. It is also considered a relaxative Asana like Savasana.
Makarasana : The Crocodile Pose - Detailed Description
- Lie on the chest and stomach.
- Lift the head and chest.
- Bend the arms at the elbows.
- Rest the elbows on the ground.
- Form a cup shape with both hands.
- Place the head on the heels of the hands.
- Place the head between the palms.
- Relax the whole body. Breathe normally and slowly. Feel the whole body touching the ground and the deep relaxation in all your muscles.e elbows.
- This is beneficial in Asthma.
- For those who have acquired wrong process of respiration (due to Asthma etc.) this Asana is more useful.
- Abdominal muscles get automatic massage.
- It is very useful in Spondalities of Lumber region.
- It also maintains flexibility of Backbone and gives exercise to the nerves attached to the spine.
- This is also beneficial in Sciatica Problem.
Tips and Help:
- Those having heart problem, obesity, gas or high blood pressure should not practice it.